5 STUNNING APARTMENTS TO RENT IN REYKJAVIK ICELAND
Reykjavik is one of the coolest cities I’ve ever visited. Seriously. In most cases, I find three days and three nights exploring a city is plenty of time to get the best things done in a short amount of time. However, I remember leaving Reykjavik feeling as though three days simply it wasn’t enough. With delicious local food, beautiful sightseeing, world class nature and kind-hearted people, Reykjavik should be high up on your bucket list. So to take the guesswork out of researching somewhere to stay, I have found 5 stunning apartments to rent in Reykjavik. The only problem you’ll have is choosing one. And remember, if you use think link when you sign up you’ll get $40 AUD off your first Airbnb booking!
1. Luxury Apartment Downtown If you’re looking for a beautiful, new apartment where you want to spend time living like an Icelandic local, this one is for you. Located in downtown Reykjavik and within walking distance to everything, this stunning apartment is on the third floor (with an elevator) and has it’s own balcony. Whilst temperatures are known to get a little on the cold side in Reykjavik, being able to take in the fresh air and the view from the comfort of your apartment is always a big plus when you travel. See what you think here. Cost: $189 AUD per night Sleeps: 4 people / entire apartment
2. Charming Park Side Apartment This apartment is centrally located, which is a must in Reykjavik as parking is fairly limited and the town is small, so it’s possible to see and do everything on foot. When we were in Iceland, the weather changed really quickly. Having a nice apartment with lots of natural light is really important for those days where you want to have a slower morning. Have a look here. Cost: $190 AUD per night Sleeps: 3 people / entire apartment
3. Katla’s Cottage If you’re looking for something small (because you know you’re going to be out for most of the day and night exploring) and a little bit less expensive, Katla’s Cottage would be perfect for you. A freestanding cottage beside a much larger house, the cottage is seriously cute. Did I mention it has a self-contained kitchen? This is perfect because eating out is expensive in Reykjavik! Check out the cottage here. Cost: $120 AUD per night Sleeps: 2 people / entire cottage
4. Luxury Downtown Located in downtown Reykjavik, this apartment is great for one couple, or two couples, or four friends who want to be close to the best restaurants, bars, cafes and museums. The interior is Scandinavian – sleek and simple, which for many travellers makes the experience all the better. With lots of natural light, I personally think this apartment would be best for two friends or a couple. See if it suits your needs here. Cost: $200 AUD per night Sleeps: 4 people (but better for 2) / entire apartment
5. Elegant Wooden Cabin Staying in the middle of town obviously has its benefits in Reykjavik, however this is Iceland after all and you can’t be blamed for wanting to spend your nights in the middle of the wilderness – but within driving distance to the town, of course. This elegant wooden cabin is the perfect place. Located halfway between Reykjavik and the Blue Lagoon, the cabin sleeps four people and has a kitchen and wifi. Find out if you want to stay in a cabin here. Cost: $225 AUD per night Sleeps: 4 people / entire cabin