20 INSTAGRAM TIPS FOR TAKING BETTER PHOTOS ON YOUR TRAVELS
Capturing moments on my travels is one of my favourite things to do. To me there is nothing like the satisfaction of taking a photo and creating an image that instantly takes me back to that very moment. But what I love most about travel photography is inspiring you, my readers, to travel and go on more adventures. So when MyDomaine.com got in touch and asked me to share my 'tricks of the trade' on Instagram, I couldn't have been more delighted! So here are 20 Instagram tips for taking better photos on your travels.
1. GET UP EARLY Magic hour is my favorite time of the day. It’s also the best time to shoot, so get outdoors one hour before sunrise and one hour before sunset. The lighting is incredible, as is the lack of tourists.
2. ALWAYS ASK Don’t be shy taking photos of people on your travels, but always ask. It’s impolite if you don’t. Plucking up the courage is daunting, but the worst they can say is no.
3. SHOOT STRAIGHT Ever taken a photo of a beautiful landscape only to find later on that you weren’t holding your phone straight? Don’t worry—you’re not alone. Luckily, Snapseed, Afterlight, and Instagram have a straightening function. Saved!
4. GET INTO NATURE Get outside and into nature on your travels. Hike trails, climb mountains, explore forests, and swim in waterfalls. These are all perfect locations for awesome Instagram snaps.
5. GET HIGHER This is my favorite tip because shooting Instagram photos from higher ground equals an amazing view. Try it!
To read the rest of my Instagram tips, head on over to MyDomaine here. Enjoy!