HOW TO EXPLORE THE GRAND CANYON (IF YOU DON’T HAVE A LOT OF TIME)
One of the biggest surprises about my recent trip to Las Vegas is it’s proximity to the Grand Canyon. Renowned as the entertainment capital of the world, Las Vegas is located only 45 minutes by helicopter to the Grand Canyon! So after a couple of days exploring the bright lights and sleepless nights of the city that never sleeps and always parties, I started to crave adventure and nature.When it was suggested I could fly to the Grand Canyon for a half day trip, I literally fell out of my shoes.
I had no idea the Grand Canyon is located on the doorstep of Las Vegas. I only had a few hours to spare and decided to do a quick four hour helicopter tour. The specific tour I chose was the Wind Dancer Tour with Maverick Helicopters. This tour is perfect way to explore the Grand Canyon if you don't have a lot of time. My highlights:
1. Meeting the pilot and being able to sit by the window
2. Flying over Las Vegas and across the arid Mojave Desert
3. Circling above the Hoover Dam, which is the most visited tourist attraction in the United States!
4. Hovering above the beginnings of the Grand Canyon and staring in awe at its grandeur
5. Dramatically soaring above the through the canyons
6. Stopping at a private picnic location to enjoy champagne, cheese, crackers and fresh fruit whilst marvelling at the Grand Canyon on foot
7. Flying back over the Grand Canyon and back to Las Vegas
8. Flying down the Las Vegas strip